Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Battle Scars



“While window shopping through the past
I ran across a looking glass
Reflecting moments remaining in a burned out light
Tragic magic prayers of passion
Stay the same through changing fashions
They freeze my mind like water on a winter's night” – John Prine

The oh-so poetic musings of one my faves from a song known as Flashback Blues. Every time I hear this song, it always triggers that “thing” inside me, much like a good song should. I have lived a rather unique life. Being a cornfed country boy, most of the metro-minded people out there can’t fathom that myself or others like me would have tales that don’t involve a John Deere, sex with a cousin, or even the farmers daughter. But believe me, where I come from, there is always a wrong way of living. Perhaps it’s the lack of options one finds in the city, but we have our own way of going about things. My life being no exception to the rule.

I have always been more than willing to relive these tales, sitting in the bar or on a car ride. Trust me, I’ve been a part of some wild, often unbelievable shit. It’s who I am, its how I’m livin. For some time now, I’ve told myself and often others, I’m going to write a book. Perhaps, more inspired by another book of tales from an over privileged snot nose punk, my tales won’t make seem like such an arrogant asshole. Hopefully just that of a cornfed country boy with a knack for finding himself in some surreal situations. Now for obvious reasons, some names will be changed throughout the course of these stories, and there will be some obscene, very vulgar, and often unbelievable scenarios that unfold. But I assure you, they are true, although obviously somewhat foggy.

Being my life has hit the wall, I’m gonna utilize this tool to not only pass the time, but Entertain myself (and hopefully you) in this odd little trip down memory lane. Again, this won’t be for sensitive eyes, so please enter at your own risk. Enjoy, bitches…..

No comments:

Post a Comment